Your wedding day will be one of the most cherished days of your life. It may be an intimate affair out at beach on the Nevada side. Or maybe you’re planning a unforgettable celebration at one of the local venues on the California side. Perhaps you’ll exchange vows on the trails high above Emerald Bay. Wherever the wedding, thousands of once-in-a-lifetime moments will spark into life as as you step into marriage. You’ll want a Lake Tahoe wedding photographer on hand to document all the excitement.
I’m P.J. Oswald and I craft striking photography for hopeless romantics. And you can count of me to do so with experience and empathy. So let’s work together to create wedding images that capture your moments brilliantly.
Timeless, Natural Colors
Bespoke Album Design
Keeping You Laughing
Lake Tahoe wedding photography packages start at $2050, most couples spend $3700
See more pricing info
Serving these Tahoe locations:
South Lake Tahoe
The Fits and Stops Wedding Photography Experience
Here's what working with me looks like
- #1Meet With Me
- This is your chance to connect and see if I'm the right Lake Tahoe wedding photographer for you lovebirds. Whether over coffee or over Skype, I can't wait to meet you and answer your questions. And when you meet with me, you get a free one-hour engagement photo session!
- #2Book Me for Your Wedding
- So you want me at your wedding? Sign your wedding photo agreement. Then send it back with a nonrefundable deposit of 1/3 of your package price. Booked!
- #3Create Engagement Images
- Most wedding packages include an engagement session. It's your chance to get comfortable in front of the camera and experience just how I work.
- #4Complete Your Questionnaire
- Answer my Type-A planning questions so I don't have to bother you with questions on the Big Day. It's my recipe for a calmer wedding.
- #5Enjoy Your Wedding Day
- The Big Day arrives and I (and often a second photographer) leap into action to document your wedding story. I'll use all my best ninja moves, I promise!
- #6Get Your Images and Swoon
- I'll deliver your photos within one month of your wedding. They'll live at an online gallery where you can view, download, or order prints and wall art of your images. Brace yourself!
- #7Design Your Wedding Album
- Couples who want to make the most of their wedding photography ask me to custom design an album for them. You fill out an instruction sheet with your preferences and I go to work in making one of the most treasured books you'll ever own.
“Not only did our photos come out amazing, but we developed a new friendship. If you are looking for … an easy going team that prioritizes your relationship and friendship, and great professionalism, then I would highly recommend P.J. and Erica.”
“I’m not someone who likes taking pictures, but [P.J. and Erica] made it easy, enjoyable, and just plain fun … There was an ease and simple joy in sharing moments within one of the most pivotal days of our lives with them … they made our wedding even better.”
“We were happy that we went with fits and stops for our wedding photography. They captured everything we wanted and more. They are so attentive and kind—they made the day less stressful.”
Words and Tahoe Area wedding photography featuring our couples
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
5-star reviews and kind words from our couples
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you specialize in wedding photography?
I’m a big believer in marriage. The greatest adventure I’ve ever known is my 15 years of walking through life, faith, and family with my wife Erica. With all of life’s ups and downs, it’s been a great help to grab on to photographs of our own wedding day. These treasures help us revisit the promise we made to love and serve each other. They give us a nostalgic smile when we need it most. Or they offer a laugh at just how young we looked.
Photographing a wedding is lots of work: pre-planning with couples, spending hours running around wedding venues, and then editing. But the emotion of a wedding day is so tangible and so unfiltered that the photos we take tell truly moving stories. And honestly, I spend more time with the bride and groom on the wedding day than just about anyone. That deep dive into a beautiful, crazy day is a true honor. And you can count on me as your Lake Tahoe wedding photographer to root for you and pray for you as you kick-start your marriage.
Do you shoot with natural light or flash?
Both! I love the natural look provided by sunlight and I’ll put it to work whenever I can. Though when I’m shooting in bad weather or under low lighting, I know my way around flash as well. I’m ready for what comes my way.
How long will it take to deliver my photos?
I expect to deliver your edited photos via your online gallery within a month of your wedding. Though I’ll let you know well in advance if there’s any reason to expect a delay.
What are your favorite moments to shoot?
Easy: getting ready candids and newlywed portraits. It’s a blast to see you, friends and family beat all odds to get dressed and looking your best in time for the wedding. All the emotion is front and center, which makes for totally authentic photos. Meanwhile, the newlywed portraits usually come after the ceremony. This means you get to breathe a sigh of relief and escape for a few minutes for some alone time. These usually turn out to be the most romantic images of the day. After all, time away from the crowds lets me play with creative and artistic lighting.
How long will you archive my photos for?
I’ll keep your online galleries and accessible as long as I am in business. And I also backup your edited photos on my own computer. That said, it’s always smart to download your photos once I’ve delivered them so you can save them on your end.
How would you describe your style?
I blend a photojournalistic style with a dash of fine art. That means I bring an eye for storytelling about what it is that I see in your wedding or in your relationships. Then I capture candid photos that tell the story. I’ll also seek out the most flattering or creative ways to photograph you based on your location. I’ll help you pose in ways that make you look great, while also capturing those authentic “inbetween moments”.
Who are your "second photographers"?
When your wedding or session includes a second photographer, I’ll often call upon my wife Erica to make it happen. She’s lovely and she brings a great love for people and emotional intelligence to your day. Oh, and heaps of skill behind the camera. When Erica’s not available, I invite other experienced photographers to capture your images–still using my professional Nikon gear.
Do you offer photography albums/books?
My most popular wedding photography packages include bespoke wedding album books, designed by me with proofing by my you. From cover materials, to layout, to the museum-grade preservation paper, these albums safeguard your memories for a lifetime.
Are you insured?
You betcha. I carry $1,000,000 of liability insurance which should be enough to satisfy the venue you’ve chosen for your wedding.